Bicycle Network: Ride On magazine
- Email me updates
- Ride On
The April-May edition of Ride On will be available in newsagents Australia-wide from April 1.
While Bicycle Network Victoria members receive Ride On free as part of their membership benefits, Ride On magazine is also on sale in newsagents Australia-wide at a cost of $7.95. The 84-page April-May edition will be on sale from April 1. Highlights include feature articles on:
- 50 bike lights compared in our most comprehensive lights test ever. A waterproofness test was introduced for the first time, and there were some very poor peformers.
- Plan your great escape with our special feature on multi-day rides.The world beckons.
- Discover the longest sealed bike path (35km) in Melbourne; it's a hidden gem.
- Get a taste for exploring Thailand by bike.
- Follow our guide to help iron out your workwear problems.
- Thinking of giving clip-in pedals a try? We explain what they can do for you.
- Riding in a straight line while looking behind before turning is a difficult proposition for many riders. We give some great advice on how to hold the line.
- Should you avoid all fat in your diet? Do you need a sports drink? These and other health myths are discussed in-depth.
- How to keep your disc brakes in tip-top condition.
Hot products are reviewed, including the Bryton Rider GPS, we have a first-look product guide and review three bikes, the Gary Fisher Cronus Pro, the Jamis Exile 1 and the Vivente World Randonneur.
There's also a mix of news, letters, diary dates, tips, the health report, and more.
To get a copy of the April-May Ride On you can either: become a member; purchase a copy from your newsagent; subscribe; or ask for a sample copy (please ensure you provide us with your address details).
Links from April-May Ride On articles
|Get ready for a wild ride in this Hot Chile video clip.||How to head check while keeping a straight line.||How some countries value bike riders.|
|Inner City Bikes combines a fixie and a unicycle. Hmmm.||US looks at moving beyond the car.||Free: starring downhiller Traharn Chidley>|
|How some countries value bike riders.|
|Inner City Bikes combines a fixie and a unicycle. Hmmm.|
|US looks at moving beyond the car.|
Find out more about the stinky helmet that saves lives here.
Find a link to better mortality rates for bike riders research here.