Bicycle Network: VoteBike
Candidate Statements enable candidates for public office to put their views and policies in front of the people we know.
Candidate Statement process
Candidates standing for election can share their views on priority projects and bike riding in general to bike riders in their electorate by pressing this button.
My Candidate Statement
Candidates will then be guided through the following process:
1. The candidate selects their electorate or ward from a drop down menu.
2. The candidate will be shown the list of the priority projects that have been identified for that ward or electorate. Clicking on each project link will allow the candidate to learn more about each project
3. The candidate fills in their details including contact information and agrees to the terms and conditions
4. The candidate has the opportunity to submit comments about their commitment to bikes.
5. The candidate receives an email from Bicycle Network Victoria that confirms their submission and instructs them on how to edit their submission at any stage
6. Bicycle Network Victoria approves submissions from genuine candidates (without editing or commentary)
7. The information the candidate provides is displayed to riders who live in that ward or electorate
8. Bike riders and Bicycle Network Victoria members can contact candidates for further information from the information supplied by candidates.