Bicycle Network: Metro Routes
South: Bay Trail 3 (Frankston to Point Nepean)
The southern end of the Bay Trail from Frankston to Point Nepean, much of this route is complete, although there are several considerable gaps keeping the route from connecting all the way from north to south
Bay Trail Projects
30 June 2010. The Bay Trail (south) has a number of projects that can be completed to form a continuous route from the north in Frankston to the south at Point Nepean National Park.
The Bay Trail is a priority route on the Metropolitan Trail Network
High value projects are:
- Connect Baxter Park to Mornington Railway Station via a path along the Peninsula Link Freeway, and connect to the Bay Trail
- Connect Mornington Railway Station & Bay Trail to the Briars
- Complete the gaps in the Bay Trail between Pebble Cove (Mt. Martha) and McCrae foreshore
- Complete the gaps in the Bay Trail between McCrae foreshore and Rye
- Complete the gaps in the Bay Trail between Rye and Sorrento
- Develop a connecting trail from Sorrento Pier to Mornington Peninsula National Park and Point Nepean.