Bicycle Network: Take Action
Key campaign dates
A summary of some of the key dates during the year for state and local government.
- February/March - Local councils prepare budgets
- Mid May - State Budget announced; last spending of road budgets at council level.
- June/July - Council draft budgets available for comments. Council budgets finalised. The state government usually finishes announcing successful grants funding projects.
- August/October - Lead up work begins for next year's State and local council budget to develop bids for next years budgets eg VicRoads Bicycle Programs bids, Parks Victoria funding, Sport and Rec Funding, Federal funding etc.
- November - State government starts finalising budget. Last chances to lobby for funding. State government elections every four years on last Saturday in November. Next election is November 2010
- November 2008 - Local council elections
- Late November/early December - Council bids for state government funding must be finished.
Other dates that vary from year to year are council meetings (see your local councils website) and sittings of State parliament (see Parliament of Victoria website)