Bicycle Network: Parkiteer Bike Cages
Terms and Conditions
Parkiteer members agree to the following terms and conditions
- Cages are solely for the use of storing or securing a bicycle and related equipment.
- The occupier warrants to Bicycle Network Victoria Incorporated ("Bicycle Network Victoria") that personal identification is not false or inaccurate or identification belonging to another person.
- A refundable bond of $50 is required to be paid by the occupier to Bicycle Network Victoria when Bicycle Network Victoria provides a swipecard.
- Approval to become a bike cage member is for a period of twelve months only and the occupier must give notification to Bicycle Network Victoria by the end of each twelve month period to ensure continuation of the permit.
- Bicycle Network Victoria reserves the right to open and inspect a bike cage if there is any doubt as to a cage’s use or contents, or to carry out necessary maintenance. If it is apparent that the bike cage is used infrequently, Bicycle Network Victoria will provide reasonable notice to the occupier that it plans to cancel the right of the occupier. Bicycle Network Victoria reserves the right to cancel the occupier’s use of a bike cage and re-issue it for another customer if it is persistently under-utilised.
- Bike cages must be kept locked at all times.
- If a swipecard or security key belonging to Bicycle Network Victoria is lost, the occupier must reimburse Bicycle Network Victoria for the cost of replacing the card and or keys. Bicycle Network Victoria will make all reasonable efforts to release the bike quickly.
- Bicycle Network Victoria staff are not responsible for opening bike cage unless a key is lost – in which case Condition 7 will apply.
- The occupier should ensure the inside of the bike cage is kept clean and tidy and free of litter and debris. Bicycle Network Victoria requests that cage members report any graffiti, damage or other cage related issues to Bicycle Network Victoria.
- Bicycle Network Victoria accepts no liability for damage or theft of property from the facilities provided. Bicycle Network Victoria recommends that cage members lock their bike up securely to the internal cage rails provided.
- Any damage to the cage, loss of swipecard or key must be reported to Bicycle Network Victoria.
- The occupier must inform Bicycle Network Victoria of any change of address.
- Should the occupier not comply with any of the above conditions, Bicycle Network Victoria reserves the right to terminate the rights of the occupier at any time, remove the contents to storage where it will be held until collected or disposed of. The swipecard will be cancelled, the access will be reallocated to another occupier, and all or part of the bond will be forfeited.
- When an occupier chooses to vacate the bike cage, Bicycle Network Victoria must be informed and the occupier is to return the swipecard. If notification is given and swipecard return is recorded it will be forwarded to Bicycle Network Victoria for a bond refund. If notification is not forthcoming and swipecard is not returned, Bicycle Network Victoria will deduct any costs associated with returning the cage to occupiable condition from the bond prior to refund.
- Bicycle Network Victoria reserves the right to review these Conditions of Use at any time.
- An occupier accepts these Conditions of Use and agrees to be bound by these Conditions of Use from the date that Bicycle Network Victoria issues a bike cage access to the occupier.
- The occupier agrees to hold harmless and indemnify Bicycle Network Victoria and their respective servants, agents and contractors (the “Indemnified Persons”) against all actions, claims, suits, costs, expenses, demands and damages suffered or incurred by the Indemnified Persons or any one or more of them by reason of or in respect of or in any manner whatsoever arising out of or caused by the Licensee’s use of the Licensed Area (whether by itself, its servants, agents, visitors or invitees) or arising out of failure on the part of the Licensee to observe and perform the provisions of this Licence; and
- Access is granted upon the express condition that Bicycle Network Victoria (each a “Released Party”):
- shall under no circumstances be liable or responsible in any manner whatsoever for any loss, accident, damage or injury to the Occupier or any servant, agent, contractor, visitor or invitee or any other person whatsoever of the Occupier (“Related Party”) which may happen within the Licensed Area from any cause whatsoever; and
- Bicycle Network Victoria shall not incur or be under any liability whatsoever to the Occupier or to any Related Party for any loss, damage or injury to or in respect of any property of the Licensee or of any Related Party left or deposited in the Licensed Area, except as occasioned by the gross negligence of the Released Party or its servants, agents, contractors, visitors or invitees.
- Bicycle Network Victoria shall not be liable to the Occupier in respect of any indirect or consequential loss.
- Bicycle Network Victoria reserve the right to move, relocate, or impound any bicycle which appears to be abandoned as evidenced by signs of disuse or neglect.
Typically, warning notices are affixed to the bikes in advance of their impoundment. The notice indicates that the bike appears to be abandoned and that the owner has at least 48 hours to remove the bike or correct any deficiencies that identify the bike as possibly being abandoned.