Bicycle Network: Ride a Trail
Where to eat & drink
A range of sustenance and refreshment peddlers along the Trail, in no particular order
This is a brief list of eating places to try while you're in the Southern Gippsland area, but there are countless more cafes, restaurants and bars in the area, so contact the information centre, search them out on Google, or go exploring on your bike.
For more information about the wineries in the area, visit Wines of Gippsland.
- 13 Blair St, Leongatha
- 03 5662 2900
Lyrebird Hill Winery and Guesthouse
- Inverloch Road, Koonwarra
- 03 5664 3204
Koonwarra Fine Food and Wine Store
- South Gippsland Highway, Koonwarra
- 03 5664 2285
- ‘[The Koonwarra Fine Food Store is] the centre of the region's food universe. Dynamic siblings Melissa and Thomas Burge not only run this seven-day-a-week commitment, combining post office, newsagent, cafe by day, restaurant by night, produce store for local wineries and food merchant, but are also enthusiastic instigators of the Gippsland Slow Food convivium.’ Miranda Sharp, The Age (12 March 2002).
South Gippsland Farmers Market
- Memorial Park, Koonwarra
- 04 0861 9182
- Held on the first Saturday of each month.
Moo's at Meeniyan Restaurant and Cafe
- 89 Whitelaw St, Meeniyan
- 03 5664 0010
- Opening hours: Thursday to Monday 8.30am to 4.30pm for brekky and lunch, and on Friday and Saturday nights from 6pm for regional dinners. (Closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays.)
- This is a seriously cute café! Apparently, the place is named after it’s owner, Marty (‘Moo’), and connects with the building’s earlier incarnation, as the local butcher’s.
Harris's Pit Stop Café
- 107 Whitelaw St, Meeniyan
- 03 5664 7204
- Open seven days a week, from 7am. Closing at 5:30pm Sunday-Thursday, and at 7pm on Fridays and Saturdays.
- Harris’s Pit Stop sells takeaway foods like pies, cakes, lollies and ice creams, and the interior is filled with iconic Aussie memorabilia and car racing memorabilia.
The Flying Cow Cafe
- 9 Falls Road, Fish Creek
- 03 5683 2338
- Open Wednesday to Sunday, 10am-5pm
Orange Roughy Café
- 2 Old Waratah Rd, Fish Creek
- 03 5683 2207
- Thursday-Sunday, open from 10am til late.
- ‘This laid back, retro-style cafe serves light meals throughout the day and more substantial meals into the evening. The seafood from the specials board is usually a winner, but for a casual meal, their burgers are renowned.’
Ameys Track Blueberries
- 670 Ameys Track, Foster
- Blueberries, raspberries and hazelnuts available in punnets.
The Rhythm Cafe
- 3-5 Bridge Street, Foster
- 03 5682 1612