Bicycle Network: Ride a Trail
Where to sleep
- Email me updates
- ballarat skipton rail trail
Below is a list of accommodation choices as provided by local operators and trail friends.
Reids Guest House
- 128 Lydiard Street
- 03 5331 3461
Ballarat Miners Cottages
- 0418 131 545
- Ballarat Miners Cottages offer cyclists either Carrigg House in absolute luxury- 4-1/2 star or Peel Cottage home style- 3-/12 star accommodation at 10% off regular rate, see our website for further details, along with a 10% discount at Ballarat Steakhouse
- 187 Scott Parade, Ballarat East
- 03 5338 7007
- Fax 03 5331 9716
- A fully renovated heritage listed B&B situated on the edge of Ballarat –Skipton bike trail.
- Exclusive to Bicycle Network Victoria members: Stay one night enjoy a complimentary Country style breakfast
- 03 5334 1464
- Clean and comfortable 3 star motel, two minutes from Ballarat/Skipton Rail Trail.
- Exclusive to Bicycle Network Victoria members: stay two nights and receive complimentary Continental Breakfast
- 0400 562568
- Luxury accommodation with your own indoor heated pool to relax in after riding all day. A free bottle of wine (or 6 pack if preferred) to aid the relaxation.
Sovereign Hill Lodge @ Sovereign Hill
- 5337 1159
- One night accommodation in bunkhouse ( up to 10 people). Use of communal kitchen. 2 day entry to Sovereign Hill. Entry to Gold Museum. Tickets to Blood on the Southern Cross
- $96 per adult. Offer only available on weekends & school holidays
Alfred Motor Inn
- 5334 1607
Central City Motor Inn
- Skipton Rail Trail Special. This package includes accommodation in a standard room for two people with a continental breakfast (juice, cereal and toast) each morning for $122 per night. OR can choose a cooked breakfast (bacon and eggs, juice or plunger coffee) for $132 per night. This offer is available to rail trail riders and is for accommodation on Friday and Saturday nights only.
Comfort Inn Belltower
- 03 5334 1600
- 03 5334 2540
- Exclusive to Bicycle Network Victoria members: a free light breakfast per person and a 10% discount on rack rate for all room types including family rooms plus dine in the restaurant and order a main to get a free beer/wine or soft drink
BIG4 Ballarat Windmill Holiday Park
- 56 Remembrance Drive (approx 300m from the rail trail)
- 1800 256 633
- Prices range from $30 for 2 people in a powered site, or $93 for 2 people in a Boronia cabin.
- Exclusive to Bicycle Network Victoria members: 1 hour free spa after a long days ride and free DVD hire to relax at night
Cardigan Lodge Motel
- 71 Remembrance Drive
- 03 5344 8302
- On the Avenue of Honour, just west of the Trail Crossing, enjoy the spacious accommodation & peaceful surroundings at Cardigan Lodge Motel and our On site Restaurant – Molly & Petes.
- Exclusive to Bicycle Network Victoria members: $98.00 per night – Twin/Double Share including full cooked breakfast at Molly & Petes, or $88.00 per night – Single including full cooked breakfast at Molly & Petes
Pittong Station Sleepover
- On the rail trail, about 8 kilometres west of Linton
- Contact David Miocic on 52207111 or at email@example.com to book and arrange getting the key
- Bunkroom accomodation for up to 7 people (in 3 bedrooms, linen supplied)
- The Pittong Station Sleepover has a kitchen with full cooking facilities and a lounge room to relax in after a long day on the trail. So bring yourselves and some groceries.
Skipton Roadhouse & Newsagency Accommodation
- 40 Montgomery Street (Glenelg Highway)
- 03 5340 2131
- 23 Montgomery St
- 03 5340 2111
- 8 budget rooms, shared facilities
- Bistro open Thurs - Sun
Woolmunda Park Cottages
- Wethling Lane (off Whites Road)
- 03 5342 8746
- Two self contained cottages or “Kookaburras Retreat” B&B. Situated on 20 quiet rural acres, 400 meters from the trail. Ride Skipton 36K one day and Ballarat 16K the next. Relax in our heated outdoor spa after your ride.
- 03 53428 746
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org