Bicycle Network: Funding & Budgets
Planning Checklist for Cycling trial
- planning checklist, growth areas, healthy new suburbs, trial
Help us test the Planning Checklist for Cycling online for your chance to win a ticket to the 2012 Bike Futures Conference.
Help us get more people cycling in new suburbs.
Bicycle Network Victoria is developing a Planning Checklist for Cycling as part of a three year project funded by VicHealth to address inconsistencies in planning for cycling in growth areas. The checklist provides a step by step assessment tool for planning and developing new suburbs through the different stages of planning. It aims to ensure the minimum infrastructure requirements for cycling have been met through a sequential and consistent planning approach. By ensuring cycling is considered from the start of the strategic planning process (Growth Corridor Plans) through to the subdivision of land (Planning Permits), the disconnection between the distinct planning stages should be addressed.
Bicycle Network Victoria needs your help to trial the checklist against real life planning examples in growth areas. We are also interested in your feedback.
By using the Planning Checklist for Cycling online you have the chance to win a ticket to the 2012 Bike Futures Conference. See below for terms and condition of entry.
Time spent completing the assessments is eligible for PIA Professional Development points. We estimate each assessment with feedback would take one to two hours with one PD point allocated per hour.
Terms and conditions of entry:
Terms and conditions:
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these terms and conditions.
2. Entry is free and open to residents of Australia aged 18 and over working as planners or involved in urban planning or design.
3. Promotion commences 1/04/2012. To be included and receive one entry, complete at least one of the three sections of the Planning for Cycling Checklist at http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/PlanningChecklistTrial including full name, phone number, email address and organisation. Name, email address and organisation name must be valid for entry to be eligible to enter the prize draw. Last entry will be accepted on 31/05/2012 at 5pm.
4. The promoter will not be liable for lost, late, ineligible or misdirected entries.
5. Employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate and the immediate families of such employees are not eligible to win.
6. There will be one prize winner for a ticket to the Bike Futures Conference taking place in October 2012 provided by Bicycle Network Victoria. The prize includes:
• Pass to the 2 day conference
• Welcome function and associated activities
• Conference breakfast
• Conference dinner
7. The prize does not include:
• travel expenses
• travel or health insurance
• meals other than those specified
8. The prize value is $995.
9. The Promoter (Bicycle Network Victoria), its contractors, employees and agents, shall not be liable for any claims losses, damages, injuries, costs and expenses suffered or sustained or incurred (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss), arising out of or in any way connected with the competition and/or its prizes except for liability that cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought.
10. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of the competition. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone, network or lines.
11. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency, disaster or any other circumstance beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the prize, subject to written directions from State Regulatory bodies.
12. The winner will be drawn at 11am on 4/06/2012 at 4/246 Bourke Street, Melbourne VIC 3000 and notified by phone and in writing (email) and published on the Bicycle Network Victoria website on the 5/06/2012
13. The prize winner will be contacted by Bicycle Network Victoria on the 9 July 2012 to organise prize delivery.
14. A draw for the prize, if unclaimed, may take place at midday on 23/07/2012 at Bicycle Network Victoria, 4/246 Bourke Street, Melbourne VIC 3000, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. Winners will be notified by phone and in writing and published on the Bicycle Network Victoria website on the 24/07/2012.
15. Entry into the competition shall be deemed acceptance of these conditions of entry and is deemed approval to use the winners’ name(s) and photograph(s) for publicity purposes. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. The prize is strictly not transferable unless to another planning professional within the organisation.
17. The prize is not redeemable for cash or exchange.
18. The prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other discounts or special offers.
19. The prize is subject to availability.
20. No responsibility is accepted for delayed, lost or misdirected correspondence.
21. The Promoter is Bicycle Network Victoria Incorporated - Level 4, 246 Bourke Street, Melbourne Vic 3000, ABN: 41 026 835 903.