Bicycle Network: Bike Futures Services
Benefits for Supporter Organisations and Riders
Many organisations support Super Sunday by recruiting counters for this annual event - the newest way to capture off-road usage.
By establishing a regular and consistent measure of bike riding, we can show how many people are riding and where they are riding. This strengthens the case for more investment towards bicycle facilities.
Help get better bicycle facilities by volunteering to be a Super Sunday Counter. Your contribution can also turn into support for your bike group or school. During registration, every Super Sunday Counter has an opportunity to nominate a Bicycle User Group or community group to receive $120. (If a Counter does not nominate a BUG or community group, their funds will go to the governing bicycle network organisation.)
The Super Sunday Count is a simple and easy way to fund-raise for your organisation.
About The Financial Recognition
Each person who successfully completes the count for Super Sunday, can nominate their local Bicycle USer Group (BUG), Club or School to receive $120 as reward for their 4 hours volunteering.
The more people that participate and nominate your BUG, Club or School the more money you receive!
Examples of proactive BUG's and Schools from the Super Tuesday Bike Count have been:
- 2011: Whitehorse Cyclists had 48 people nominate them which totalled $2400!
- 2010: Brunswick South-West Primary School had 22 people nominate them which totalled $1100!
So get your work colleagues, friends and family together and register to volunteer to count riders on Super Sunday and nominate your local BUG, Club or School and help to raise some much needed money.
Process for payment of $120 reward to Supporter Organisations
Please wait till you receive a confirmation email from us before you send us your invoice - this will allow us to process the data more quickly and help our valued supporters.
- The sooner we receive all count data, the sooner we can begin confirming data and processing payments to supporter organisations
- Bicycle Network Victoria can't process invoices until we've checked and verified data from all count sites, which should be completed by the end of November. Our Counters have collected valuable data and we want to make sure it's processed properly so it can be put to good use.
- We'll then email each counter the total number of donations for their supporter organisation.
- This gives the supporter organisation the correct number of completed counts and enables the organisation to invoice for the correct amount.
- It is the responsibity of each supporter organisation to invoice Bicycle Network Victoria for the correct total figure. (If you are a counter and you think your nominated supporter organisation does not know they have been nominated, forward our confirmation email to them and remind them to invoice Bicycle Network Victoria.
- We aim to be in the position to start making payments to supporter organisations towards the end of November.
- All groups that are registered for GST will need to include GST in their invoice for the $120 donation. That is $109.09 + $10.91 GST per person.
- Groups that are NOT registered for GST can just invoice the full $120 per person.
- If your group does not have an ABN, you need to include a Statement by a Supplier Form with your invoice.
- Statement by a Supplier Form - supplier without ABN.pdf
- Super Sunday Tax Inv Template
Do I have to donate the $120 to a BUG or club?
No. If you choose not to nominate a recipient BUG, cycling group or community organisation, the funds generated by your work for Super Sunday will go to the Bicycle Network, to help get More People Cycling More Often.
What do I do if the BUG or club of my choice is not listed?
You will need to get in touch with the Bicycle Network to discuss adding your BUG, cycling group or community organisation to our list of Super Sunday supporter organisations. Email via this form.
What is the criteria for an organisation to be a Super Sunday Supporter?
As a rule, any Bicycle User Group (BUG), cycling club or association, school or community based club or not-for-profit organisation is eligible to be a Super Sunday supporter.
How do I nominate a BUG or club to receive the $120 in a state where Super Tuesday hasn't happened before?
When prompted to nominate a BUG or club to receive the donation during the registration process, simply type the name of the group correctly into the field provided.
Does the organisation I donate to need to have an ABN?
No. However, if organisations or groups do not have an ABN, they need to fill out a Statement by a Supplier form and return it to Bicycle Network before payment can be made.