Bicycle Network: Bike Futures Services
City of Greater Bendigo
VoteBike - Local Council Elections 2012
Local council elections are being held in Victoria on October 27 2012. Bicycle Network Victoria is once again running VoteBike that allows you to engage with potential candidates on local cycling issues. We will collect statements from candidates about their commitment to cycling in Bendigo and publish them on the VoteBike Facebook event page for you to comment on.
Bicycle Network Victoria has identified the following key projects for the City of Greater Bendigo that need the support of local councilors:
- CBD to Latrobe Uni - A critical link is needed to connect the education precinct of Latrobe University campus and surrounds into the heart of Bendigo.
- Upgrade O'Keefe Trail surface - The most popular section of the trail should be upgraded.
- Spring Gully Creek shared path - Continue the Spring Gully shared path along Halvin Street (East/West) to the McIvor Highway.
- McIvor Hwy creek underpass at Back Creek - An underpass would allow a safe crossing of this busy barrier & connect with shared path routes.
- Ride2School - Continue to provide safe routes to schools foster healthy transport options for kids and reduce peak morning traffic congestion by up to 20%.
- Curb out parking in activity centres - Get behind vibrant shopping strips by supporting on street bike parking.
To view candidate statements for Bendigo go to our Find a Candidate page. Or to comment on candidate statements as well as voice your support for particular local cycling projects, visit our Facebook events page for Bendigo.
VoteBike allows you to have your say and make sure your vote counts for improved cycling conditions in your local area.
22 July 2011. A summary of the results of the Bendigo BikeScope will be available soon.
5 May 2011. Bicycle Network Victoria and the City of Greater Bendigo invite all local residents who ride in and through the municipality to complete an on-line BikeScope Survey, between 5 May and 6 June 2011. Go in to the draw to have the chance to win a great prize. The City of Greater Bendigo will use the survey date to inform their planning and building of new, better bike infrastructure.
Go into the draw to win a great Trek bike - details on the survey!