Bicycle Network: Measure & Understand
- Email me updates
- Harry Barber
A thorough and comprehensive report by Parsons Brinkerhoff who were tasked by the Premiers Council for Active Living (PCAL), Cycling in New South Wales to report on what data was available to guide investment and other initiatives in NSW.
The report is in five sections:
Capturing the potential
About the data
It seeks to answer the questions:
- What data is available on cycling in NSW?
- What gaps are evident in the existing data?
- How do cycling outcomes in NSW and Sydney perform against comparable locations,
- including other Australian states and capital cities?
- What is the broad potential for increasing cycling in NSW?
- Who is cycling in NSW (and where)?
- What counts, surveys, audits and focus groups would help to identify ways to grow cycling in NSW,
- and track outcomes achieved?
- What further research would complete the picture of cycling in NSW?