Bicycle Network: Bike Futures Services
A technical tour is a great opportunity to develop and share an understanding of bike infrastructure, facilities and innovative projects.
We host and organise group and individual technical tours of - the good, the bad and the ugly - bike infrastructure and facilities around Melbourne and Victoria.
This is about looking at what commitment to cycling can look like "on the ground".
Discuss with your colleagues and experts on tour and see how you can apply similar outcomes to your world.
Want to create and develop a network well serviced by bikes? Let's look at:
- Intersection treatments that support beginner cyclists and allow children to safely cross busy roads
- Speedy and direct routes that support commuter cycling
- The reallocation of road space to improve bicycle infrastrucuture and numbers, signal phasing etc
- Traffic calming measures to make streets more bike friendly
- Testing shared paths against design principles such as width, sightlines, clearances and obstacles
- The newest thinking in seperation technology and more
Both on-road and off-road facilities can be show-cased. Get in touch if you're coming to town and let's two-wheel it.
Technical Tours with Bicycle Victoria
From time to time we host and organise individual or group tours of the good, the bad and the ugly bike facilities around Melbourne and Victoria. Get in touch if you are coming to town.