Bicycle Network: Bike Futures Services
A survey to assist councils in identifying constituents real needs
What is it?
BikeScope is an in-depth analysis of an area's bike riding environment by gathering base data and direct input from residents.
What will BikeScope do for my Council?
BikeScope clearly identifies residents’ real needs with quantitative certainty.
How does it work?
Gathering public feedback on an issue can be painstaking and may not always deliver clear results for councils.
Bicycle Network Victoria can directly contact large numbers of bike riders in specific areas by email. Greater response can easily be generated through:
• Publicising through local media
• Prize incentive from local bike store
• Publicising through Bicycle Network Victoria website (60,000+ hits per month)
• Local User groups and Clubs
• Potential to maximize response through promotion on Council website and newsletters, publications etc
By harnessing this wide coverage we can gather a wide range and volume of feedback.
What will Bikescope tell me?
BikeScope takes the participant through a series of easy to follow categories, such as:
• Identifying participation frequency and type
• Destinations – where are people riding to in and outside of your council area
• Routes – How are people entering/leaving your council area
• Breakdown of on and off road use
• Perceived user need of priority for improvement by council
• Parking use and need at destinations/activity centre's
• General feedback
• A rating scale reflecting perceptions from residents of cycling in your council area.
What can BikeScope deliver?
BikeScope will clearly identify and prioritise what actions need to be taken to improve and increase cycling in your council area.
A far more comprehensive analysis will be achieved by combining the survey results with existing data from other sources such as:
• Existing and proposed PBN (Principle Bicycle Network)
• Existing off-road path network
• Past Census data
A Summary and list of recommendations will be made to help council form deliverable works action plans.
How do I find out more?
Please contact Mike Williamson at Bicycle Network Victoria on (03) 8376 8848.