Bicycle Network: Board & Governance
4 FAQs about the 2012 Board Election
Frequently asked questions are posted here. If you have any further questions that are not answered below please contact us.
How many positions are vacant?
- The Bicycle Network Victoria Board has 9 positions.
- See the Statement of vacancy for who is standing and who is continuing on the Board in any particular year.
How do members become candidates?
- A call for nominations was placed in August Ride On® nominations are to be recieved by 5pm Friday 14 September 2012.
Which candidates get elected?
- the 3 candidates with the most votes will be declared elected.
Which members get to vote?
- All members that are paid up and 18 years and over can cast a vote for each vacant position.
- Each adult member in a family membership has a separate vote.
- The electoral roll is all current adult (18 and over) members as at 5pm Friday 14 September 2012.
When do the polls open and close?
- Voting opens: 9am AEDST, 1st October 2012
- Voting closes: 5pm AEDST, 26th October 2012
Who runs the polling booth and counts the votes?
- The polling booth and the counting is run by everyonecounts.com
- The returning officer for the election is Martin Fensome.
When will we know the result?
- The results of the election will be announced at the 2012 Bicycle Network Victoria Annual General Meeting.
If you have any questions about the election, please contact us
You can use the Contact Us button or call us on 8376 8888