Bicycle Network: Bicycle Coalition
Activities of the Bicycle Coalition
This page is maintained for historical purposes
Existing Programs endorsed by the Coalition
We have endorsed two national social marketing programs:
- National Ride to Work
- National Ride2School
We aim to develop the scale and effectiveness of these programs.
We have endorsed a national effort at rider education:
- The Light Up! campaign aims to reduce the proportion of bike riders who ride at night without lights.
We are working together to get more bicycle facilities built.
We are working together to improve the frequency, accuracy and comparability of bicycle trip data.
We are developing shared internet services for riders including:
- Bike shop finder
- to help riders find independent bicycle dealers
- help independent bike dealers serve riders
- help independent bike dealers connect with Coalition members.
We plan to launch a national Ride leader accreditation program
We are working to enrol the bicycle industry as supporters of our initiatives.
We have a number of programs under development
(The lead group is shown in brackets.)
We intend to establish joint positions on the following Commonwealth and State legislation and policy:
- Commonwealth fiscal policy (Bicycle NSW)
- Bicycle parking and other bicycle friendly planning guidelines (Bicycle Network Victoria)
- Road trauma reduction (all groups)
- Preventative health measures (Bicycle Network Victoria)
We are working to establish involvement by the members of the Bicycle Coalition in the Great Escapade (all groups)